Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New York, Geneve and Paris!

Hey everyone!

This has been an extraordinary week for me. I started things off by going to New York to say my goodbyes to my dad and family. It was so much fun. A lot of the time I was helping my dad work. Now why would that be fun? Because he is a great lawyer and it is interesting to see the way he works and also get to help out on big projects. Other than that, we ate out a lot and I started running again. I ran 20 miles while I was in New York for 4 days (and that is not even including the walking). Unfortunately I ate a decent amount. I probably ate the most at this street food festival we went to. I had virtually everything imaginable there from Ethiopian to Dominican.

The worst part was leaving. Why? As much as I love New York, that is not the reason. When I got to the airport I found out that British Airways had canceled my connecting flight from London Heathrow to Geneva. In effect, they decided they should just book me to the UK and let me deal with it when I got there. So, 7 hours later here I am in Heathrow walking around with 4 bags (weighing over 200lbs) and no flight to Geneva. Meanwhile, my fathers business associate was to be picking me up at the airport in Geneva. Did I have any mode of communication? Negative. Internet? Negative. Money? Nada. I raised hell. I am quite sure British Airways knows me by names since I talked to so many people. But you know what, it was worth it. Not only did I get them to buy me a ticket on another airline but they also waived my 200 Euro over the weight limit fee on my bags. Eat that British Airways!

Geneva was wonderful. I stayed there with my dad's friends family. We had a lot of fun and ate some really great homemade Tex-Mex (yes, we ate Mexican in Geneva, well hardly Mexican but whatever). He also is allowing me to stow my luggage at his house over the summer so I do not have to truck it around to all of my summer farm activities. I felt that this was such a kind gesture that I should do something in return so I volunteered to cut his lawn which was growing in disgustingly. Bad idea, very bad. The grass was so long I had to empty the bag every 30 seconds. Not only that, but I had to mow the front and back 3 times before it looked respectable. Luckily, it now looks professional, because that is the only kind of product that is acceptable to me. Anyway, mowing the grass and the beautiful run I had along the Lake was about the extent of my stay in Geneva.

The plane flight to Paris was quick but bumpy. I think it is easy to tell which pilots used to be in the military because nothing bothers them, they take off like we have a 50 foot runway and land about the same way. Calm down Top Gun! So I finally got here to Paris, FINALLY...finally. But seriously, finally. I had to spend a fortune on metro tickets to get to my hostel but it was well worth it. I am staying at Saint Christophers in just along the Canal Saint Martin. It is right next to where I stayed during the Welcome Programme at Sciences-Po. Currently I am waiting for the sun to set and then I will just probably hang around here for the rest of the night. Tomorrow will be a day of non-stop adventure!!!!


AHHHHHHH PARIISSSSSSSS

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones