Thursday, March 12, 2009

Immmmmm bacccckkkkkk!

Yo,
As I said before, school is hard, damn hard. I have seven classes, and every teacher thinks we are his only class. My psychology teacher has problems, by sustainable development teacher is bonkers, integration teacher is loco, and god only knows what empirical economics class is about. Other than that, life is pretty great. In those classes I have met lots of new people including some more Frenchies :) The French are my favorite. They are goofy and say funny stuff (so do I when I speak French so it is mutual). As for my salsa class, I am struggling. When we have independent exercises I can finish everything easily, but it is when we partner up that I have a problem. The girls always look at me like it is my fault, but it is theirs. They suck! :)

Finally, I finished my budget the way my dad wanted me to. It does not leave me with as much money as I idealistically wanted to spend, but that is life, eh? The good news is that I might have a job. I applied at a restaurant called Breakfast in America. Basically it is an American Diner but they want me to come in and prove that I can cook. The problem is that I have a peice of sh** stove top and crappy pans. So, yesterday, I went and bought a new pan and a new hot plate. I have cooked 7 times since then and everything is perfect. William, the cook, is back. I am ready for action. Before my little "try out" at the restaurant I have planned a party for saturday. Everyone is going to come over, I am going to cook whatever they want while they drink beer! Doesn't that sound amazing? I think so. Beer, it is not just for breakfast anymore.

So, job, school, and uh...French! gerr... My progress in French is much lower than I expected and than what I want. So, to improve I have been taking some extra steps. Sounds pathetic? Well, I have been listening to French music (celine dion) and folowing along with the lyrics as well as some canadian guy (he is better ;) ). Also, I have been watching some dexter on tv in addition to some cheesy ass Kareoki show. The singers are horrible! But it is amazing how much it improves my French!

One last thing that I am pretty ashamed of is my picture taking. I know I will return to the USA and will want to show pictures of everything but will end up with nothing. My camera is dead and all I have to do is charge it. You would think that living in Europe that you would charge it immediately but no. I live here. I see the sights everday, I run everyday and experience somthing new everyday. The ideas and memories are not in pictures but in my permanent memory. As beautiful as the Notre Dame is at sunset or the Sacre Couer is at sunrise, these are not the memories that I will remember. I will remember waking up and walking along the Seine to school in the morning, or having un cafe in the bastille. Picture are nice, but I can remember without them. This experience will live in my soul and in my adventures for the rest of my life. But, it is true that these memories will live on, very strong.

France, I love you, and I will miss you. But, do not fret, I will be back. In full force.

With love,
Enjoy,
William

BTW if anyone wants to read BETTER stories and see better pictures which I have not been taking, read Sam's page--- http://letsshareacroissant.blogspot.com/ She is a wonderful writer and has a very en gauging page!

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones