Monday, April 13, 2009

SPRING BREAK

Ok, let me paint a picture of Spring Break in Paris since I am not going anywhere until the end. Imagine nice beaches, naked women, cold beer, and baseball home openers, then take the exact opposite, and that is spring break in Paris. ACTUALLY, I lied. Spring in Paris is unbelievable. The trees are all blooming and the birds are chirping (oddly enough it is pigeon mating season, you should see that, ha). While running, which I am becoming more disciplined about, I go by Notre Dame as usual, but now I run under pink, white, and green trees as the petals fall into my wind blown hair. Right. Yeah so I really have been just hanging out, going to museums, soaking in the sun at the beautiful parks. In the winter time, paris is very gloomy and I was wondering how people could want to live here forever. Yeah there are pretty buildings and lots of history but I was just missing that umpf that you have to have to live somewhere indefinitely. Then, Spring time. It came slow and it was pure torture battling the occasional freezing cold day, but now... It was all worth it. Paris is a paradise. I feel like I would be perfectly content spending and making a life here, I just have to graduate from damn Georgia Tech first!

So, I know the dates when my dad is coming and when my mom's family is coming. I have so many exciting activities planned, going to be a kickass time. Unfortuantely I have lots of "exposes" and project rapidly approaching that will be robbing me of my spare time. On the other hand, it probably will not be as bad as I am making it out to be.

Lastly, since the last post became a meer rambling text, I have to tell you about Normandie. Nope, have not been there yet, but am leaving on Thursday. Three friends and myself will be renting a car and roadtripping it to Normandie from Paris. Who is driving? The only American going, me! hehe. We are going to ride horses on the beach, visit the cidre makers, check out the nice historical Bayeax tapistry, the beaches, and well that is probably it. May not sound amazing, but it is going to be. So put your jealous face on and pout a little bit!

Anyway, forgive me for this pathetic excuse for a post, I just had to have SOME type of update. Miss you all, hugs and kisses. Happy Easter.

William

BTW what stupid country has a national holiday the day AFTER easter and closes every store?

You got it, France! Ding Ding Ding

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones