Thursday, March 11, 2010

Woof, WWOOF!

Hey everybody!


First, I am in my last semester at Georgia Tech. That - Is - Awesome! I will be graduating at the beginning of may with my Bachelors in Economics. What will I be doing with my degree? Well, nothing, yet! Instead I will be going to study at Sciences-Po, which you should all know by now with how often I talk about it. At Sciences-Po I will be doing a Masters in Economics and Public Policy. One of the best parts is that not only will I live in Paris, go to an amazing school, and hopefully have a scholarship, but I will be able to live with Yovan and Jeremie again. Actually, we will have one new roommate, too, but yet have to have found one. I almost feel sorry for the new guy getting thrown into the mix, but we will take care of him. I think we will really be trying to live in the 5th, 6th or 7th. For those of you who know nothing about Paris, this is the place to live. There are shops, restaurants, clubs, rich people, poor people, there is just everything here. Not to mention, it is so close to the river waiting for us to have wonderful picnics.

Some people have been asking me when school starts. It starts in September, but you can bet your bottom dollar that I will not be waiting until September to be coming back to France. In fact, I will be coming much sooner. Two weeks after graduation in May, I will be heading back to the 5th Republic to become, yep you guessed it, a farmer!!! I will be participating in the World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms (WWOOF). The people that do this are often called WWOOFers. Basically, the program allows travelers to work on a farm for about 25 hours a week and in return they are fed and housed on the farm. But why on Earth would I want to do this? Simple. I get to be in France, I will more than practice my French, I will get in shape, and learn all about this crazy different way of life. Self discovery? Maybe. Relaxation? Maybe. Adventure? Absolutely. So far, I have contacted many farms and received many responses. I have officially agreed to stay on 3 farms for a total of 6 weeks. My stay will start May 24th and so far will continue until July 5th. I am hoping to find enough farms to stay until August 15th. The first farm is in Najac in the south of France up in the mountains. The second farm is in Bretange near the coast with all kinds of water sports. The third and so far the last is in Calvados up in Normandy (if you didn't know Calvados is where they make apple liquor, cidre, and many other apple products as well as many cheeses). I am hoping to hear from more people by the end of this week and have plans set in stone. Then the next step will be purchasing tickets.

I hope y'all enjoyed reading this and I hope you keep readind because I will be writing much more in the next few months. Especially while I am traveling and working on farms which I am sure will be followed with awesome and hilarious photos.

With all my love,

William Guillermo Guillaume Keck

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey my friend!!!
i read all your posts right now! I miss also our last days in Paris! such a wonderful time! It's awesome to hear from you that you are so happy to be going back to Sciences-Po, especially, to live in Paris once more!!!!!

I think that this farm stuff that you are doing is really nice, when I read, I felt like doing it too! Im graduating by july, however, im studying for these "concours" here in brazil to work in the government, so my life for the next 2 years will be pretty much preparing to get accepted. I plan too to do a masters, but only after getting a job!

Well, the brazilian chicks are sending you a kiss!!!!
Miss you bro!!
Felipe


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones