Thursday, October 23, 2008

Carpe Diem

Ah what a wonderful day. Let me paint you a picture... Wake up to the beautiful sun shining into the courtyard. I get dressed and go for a run. Running by the zoo, through the Jardin des Plantes, along the Seine to Notre Dame, then around Saint Michel and it's little winding side-streets. When you cross over the bridges you can see so much of the city and the trees changing colors. Unfortunately, it is one of those things that make me never want to leave this place. Paris has this ambiance that just ah....captivates you?

So last night I went to a Latin Club in the Bastille with some girls from my Salsa class. It was nothing like Salsa. In fact it was far from salsa. I just felt like I was in an ordinary club. It was okay, though, because I was in good company. It is funny how things work in Paris. I walked up to the club as two guys were being denied entrance because their dress-shirts were not of high enough quality. Somehow I got in, which completely gave me a confidence boost. Everyone in the place was gorgeous, rich, and stuck-up. Not to mention the beers were 9 euros for 10oz's and 12 euros for an 8oz margarita....Beinvenue a Paris.

So today I will be doing some reading, and maybe go out for dinner. The weekend is coming up soon so I have to save my money up. I have really been wanting to go to Verseille but I just need to go this weekend. There are so many places to go and see that I get flustered and end up not seeing any of them. That is a habit I will have to change soon. I would also love to travel to other cities more. I have only been to parts of Germany and France so far. I want to go to Spain and Great Britain. I am however coming back to the USA for Christmas. I will be in New York from the 22 of December until the 31 of December.

If anything cool happens, I will try to post it in here :)

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones