Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oh la la!

Bonsoir,

France is...just getting better and better. I usually go out a couple times a week with friends and hang out all over Paris. Recently I went to a boat party on the Seine, ate right next to Saint Paul and Notre Dame churches(on separate nights). I have been to a bunch of really cool market to buy fresh foods, too. The best one is in the Bastille. I went there and bought a live crab, took the sucker home, and cooked him. I was not going to cook him for a while so I put him in the sink, filled it with water and added salt. Is that animal cruelty? Nah... I have become friends with several French people which is a huge improvement on my French speaking ability. Unfortunately, the French lesson is not helping at all. The teacher is horrible.

What else is new...Oh! Today I got my all-you-can-ride metro card that is valid for the entire next year! You have no idea how amazing that is. I can get on and off the metro whenever I want and go whereever I want. Look out Paris, here I come. I am thinking about using it to go to Versielle this weekend, but we will see. Other than that I have just been reading a lot and doing presentations for school. I would say I am usually pretty modest, but I am kicking Sciences-Po's butt at school, minus the occasional impossible French assignments.

One thing about being here that is making me mad is how easy it is to be lazy. I have not been walking around enough, and have pretty much stopped running, besides the occasional day. Running is such a release here, too. Everything is always beautiful, no matter what time of year it is.

I really wish you could see my apartment. People should look at the pictures on facebook. My roommate and I can do everything here, we have every American luxury in the middle of Paris, be jealous! And the other day, I found another bed...queen sized! How is that possible to find a queen sized bed after living at the apartment for two months? Beats the hell out of me. There was this drawer that we never opened, and when the couchsurfers came, I decided to open it. To our amazement, the drawer didn't stop. It kept going and going and going. Oh guess what, an entire bed...in a drawer. Which I just mentioned something else that happened. While everyone was out of town on break, I stayed here. I hosted 4 couchsurfers for 3 nights. They were 4 beautiful girls from California staying in my apartment. Yes, you heard correctly. So I spent my days being a tour guide, and I loved every minute of it. Thanks girls!

Well, there it is, my post. There will be more in the future. Voila! C'est tous! C'est ca!

Au revoir,

Guilluame

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Write so well! I gave you name to this author from Perry. He knew and worked with Pop Pop. I went to his book signing. I told him about you and how well you wrote. So if someone by the name of Jackie Cooper writes you, then you will know who he is! Looks like life is good to you and I am so glad!

Kelly said...

I can't believe there was a bed in that drawer. I wonder if you ever would have found it without us couchsurfers... =)


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones