Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Its about time I post again.

Hey everyone, to be honest I do not know what the last thing I wrote about was so I might accidentally make a repeat of some stuff.

First off, my dad came to visit. It was great fun and we had a really good time. We walked all over Paris and ate typical Parisian food and enjoyed the sunny days (everyday was a nice day). Then on the Saturday he was here we went to his friend Michael's apartment. It was Jeremie, my dad, Michael and myself. I was cooking dinner and we hung out and ate appetizers with Champagne, then ate a Rosemary lamb roast with roasted potatoes and asparagus. It was DEEEEELICIOUS. Not to mention we ended up finished not one and not two but six bottles of fine wine. What an evening.

So what else is new...Oh! We had a Spring Time Party the other day at our apartment. The idea was to have it in the daytime to avoid complaints by neighbors but at the same time enjoy the sunlight in the spring. Well, obviously as soon as we got table and chairs outside some old fart came out and started complaining. He said (in French), "this is the courtyard you can't have tables and chairs out here with all these people." I would say that history, let alone the purpose of a courtyard argue generally against him. Whatever. We went inside. The party didn't actually end up starting until about 6PM because everyone was late, as predicted. Fortunately, that was our only complaint of the day which is suprising considering the sheer volume of people/noise produced. We sang national anthems, played circle of death, shouted, danced, you name it, we did it. So, even though we did not accomplish what we set out to, everyone had a great time. In my eyes, it was a total success.

P.S. We are planning on having a party next Saturday for the Eurovision contest! Feel free to come.

I think the last thing I am going to tell y'all about it my big trip coming up. My amazingly close friend is coming from the USA to visit Europe cough me cough and we will be traveling together. First we are going to have a 'nice' time in 'paris' and just 'rome' around the streets. Then we are traveling to Nice and Grasse to hang at the beach and make some parfum. That is going to be wicked! I tan well and plan on becoming once again, quite sexy! After those festivities, we shall venture to the ancient Roman grounds (Rome). We will be spending a few days there and I have no idea what there is to see, but I am freaking excited. After Rome, well...we haven't decided that far yet. Maybe Greece, maybe Florence, maybe Spain....gah! No idea! It sucks to be so stressed over such an exciting and happy thing. "Its funny the way it is"

Welp, that is all for now folks.
Enjoy---

Me


BTW WHy do I not post pictures? Because I do not take many. Lots of people think that is a disgrace living here for a year and not taking pictures. I disagree, I remember everythign so well and like to keep it there, plus carrying a camera sucks. Pictures can also limit your memories to just those particular moments. Unless you are one of those freaks that takes pictures of literally everything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you're blog is just mindblowing!
You perfectly describe the feelings I had when I was an exchange student at the University of Pennsylvania last year.

I'm glad you enjoy Paris, although you very quickly understood that Parisians are not the warmest people on earth.

I wish you all the best, and I hope you got (will get) a chance to taste some "Sciences Po girls" as you wrote it in the article you posted on LaPéniche.

Cheers,

Clément Malfoy (4th year, master droit éco).


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones